East London Textiles Ltd (hereafter known as ELT in this document) views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
Our Policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To make it as simple as possible for complaints to be made to the company
- To make sure everyone at ELT knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To make sure complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information and learn so it helps us to improve what we do in the future
Definition of a complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not,
about any aspect of ELT.
Where complaints come from
Complaints may come from charities, customers, trade organisations or a member of the public, A complaint can be received either verbally, by phone, by email or in writing. This policy does not cover internal staff complaints which are managed through the company Disciplinary and Grievance Policies.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those that need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the directors of the business
Publicised Contact Details for Complaints:
Written complaints may be sent to East London Textiles Limited, Unit G4, Gallmans End Farm, Manor Road, Abridge, Romford, Essex, RM4 1NA or by e-mail at [email protected]
Verbal complaints may be made by phone to 0208 5010743 or in person to East London Textiles Limited, Unit G4, Gallmans End Farm, Manor Road, Abridge, Romford, Essex, RM4 1NA Effective 05/02/2018
Time Scale of Complaint management:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, and which employee of ELT is managing the complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint this can take up to 14 days. This will normally involve discussion with the relevant parties involved, and once investigated, your complaints manager will review your complaint and make contact to discuss the best course of action.
- Within 3 days of the contact being made, a letter will be sent confirming the points discussed
- At this stage should the complainant not be satisfied with the outcome they should contact us again within 14 days detailing the concerns relating to the outcome
- We will write to you again within 3 days to confirm receipt of further concerns and that the matter has been passed to a Senior Manager for review and which Senior Manager is now reviewing your case.
- The senior manager will then review your case and may do additional investigations which may include contacting the complainant further for more information.
- We will write to you within a further 14 days, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the relevant Trade body or Ombudsman for support. In most cases these would be:
Textiles Recycling Association
Address: PO Box 965, Maidstone, Kent. ME17 3WD
Tel: 0345 459 8276| Fax: 0345 459 8276
Email: [email protected].
Address: 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road,
London, N1 6AH
Tel: 0300 999 3407
Email: [email protected]